Friday, January 16, 2009

DAY 7 OF EIR

TEST 1! Completed.... Currently doing on Practical Worksheet 6 (searching using databases). I have visted one of the web gateways which is Academic Gateway, which i have not found any of the informations yet. And why?
Looking through the homepage, there's different features like articles & databases, SJSU Research topics, ask librarian, etc. I tried using my topic search query on the search option either ‘catalog’ or ‘website’, presented invalid results. Even for short phrases, it doesn’t help. I tried using a general keyword public health, it did helps by showing a full list of books based it. I looked at the content of the books and it shows the title, location of the book in the library, and a content of what the book is about. I find browsing is the most efficient way, as long search query doesn’t quicken the search, as the program doesn’t allow. I tried accessing on the resource for eBooks, Audiobooks, Music. A log-in system is needed.
I came across a Kids Catalog, which has cute icons that aid a child who is using the gateways. I tried using the advanced search for my topic, its quite confusing to use.


Next is looking at ITPRO, basically the information topic is more on Business & Culture, Databases, Hardware, Operating systems, etc, more to IT stuffs.

I have yet to complete Activity 3, as the TP's Library Link is loading very slowly........... Shall complete it at home. (to be updated)

Next up is The discussion Forum. As i was the first to post the thread. I can freely write i wanna say. I feel by posting my views on the topic allows others to know and share their experience and views too. It helps in the class bonding, engaging in this activities just by logging on the forum. Too some classmates, it is more comfortable for them to type rather talking face to face. Maybe some informations are easier to be wrote than spoken. Besides, as we are in different Year, it may be difficult to discuss as we might be busy. By spending a few minutes on the forum is sufficient to allow the others to know what is your views. I do believe most of us spend our time on the internet either in school or at home. I find this e-learning is quite meaningful as it allows us to participate in the forum to actually knows what are the other views of others.

No comments:

Post a Comment