Wednesday, January 21, 2009

DAY 9 OF EIR

It’s already the Third week of the module, and we actually learned more on Evaluating of internet resource today. I admit it is quite tedious as we need to analysis each and every criteria of the website chosen, if possible. For today, i have evaluated on one of the websites, which I have used in Practical 3. Actually went through each and every part carefully. But i still feel quite lost and confused in some parts of the criteria. Gonna revise through my lecture notes again.... test on THIS FRIDAY! sian...

Next, we are actually told to do on "MY DREAM HOLIDAY". First Thought HONGKONG. My uncle is gonna bring his family there. Shiok sia. I wanted to go. It will be nice to visit HongKong, where most trendy products are there. And the Food there. I heard from my mum that it quite nice. But... there is still EIR lesson... sad....
Back to the activity. Not knowing any direct links to Travel and Guides, I search through Google and chose this website http://www.discoverhongkong.com/login.html. Nice homepage...














Interesting Attractions I would like to visit:

One of the Hong Kong's greatest assets, a jewel that people marvel at, no matter how many times they visit the city......
(Cited from Http://www.discoverhongkong.com/eng/attractions/victoria-harbour.html)


Shek O
Nice Blue water surrounded by hillsides and headland. We don't get to see that in Singapore rite.. sad..
More destinations I wanted to go are mostly in the attractions shown in the website.
As for evaluating the website, i choose on the criteria- Purpose & Coverage.
Basically, it’s on HongKong Travel and guides which aids travellers who are heading there for a holiday. The Coverage of the site is on Hongkong Travel, Hotel, Tour and Shopping Guide. The information is quite average in terms of comprehensiveness. It has a category, which covers on "Plan Your Trip", "Attractions", "Shopping", "Dining", "Touring", etc. This actually guides me in the steps of organizing my trip. There are other features on the highlights of HongKong and "Top Picks". The Highlights illustrate on Chinese New Year and HongKong Culture. It presented on the Top Picks where most tourists have visited. In addition, there is a category on Useful Info for interest readers. Furthermore, there is Headline News on HongKong, which update us on what's going on in the country. The subject areas and materials are covered are quite brief, accompanied with a few images and multimedia classified under the pages. To find out more information, they do have "Contact Us", where we are able to enquiry through emails or give comments.

That all for today...

No comments:

Post a Comment